Monday, February 12, 2024

Adjusting to a Second Setup

 I recently configured my desktop for some streaming (my current setup comes via my laptop for positioning/teaching in the kitchen). My plan for a desktop streaming is related in many ways, but also offers a completely different side of my skillset. This way, I've got easy access to screen capture, so I can do real-time analysis and critique of, for example, food and cooking video clips that have been posted elsewhere. Now, being just another 'reacts' is going to get lost in the shuffle, so the plan is to widen my approach. Food, cooking, book and media reviews, plus desktop gaming of all genres, the goal is to display as much of my broad spectrum knowledge as I can, in a way that's a little more difficult when it's purely in front of a stove.

My last stream was, in fact, a gaming one. I'm replaying my way through the Main Storyline of the Critically Acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV. Currently in the Stormblood expansion, which spends most of its time in Fantasy Asia, there's a lot for me to talk about even if I were ignoring the primary cast of characters themselves. Now, I'm not as aggressively well-versed as some friends of mine (looking at you, Nyri), but am nonetheless more than sufficient to offer informed commentary on the Asiatic analogues the game is (not subtly) drawing from the 18th through mid-20th century. It's fun!

(Potential spoilers in the following examples)- 

Punning In Stormblood

Yotsuyu's Accent

These are just off the top of my head, but you see where I'm coming from. Asian language patterns, cultural norms, accents, voiceover work, acting principles, dramatic character development, and the list goes on.

So that might be a good bit of fun in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment